Hey Honey, we all have busy lives, between work, school, family, pets, grocery shopping, etc. it’s a miracle we have any time for the gym at all. Hitting the gym doesn’t mean your skin has to suffer, whether it be spin class, yoga, running, or weights you are bound to break a sweat.
Setting aside a couple of minutes pre and post workout could make all the difference for your skin. Here are a few tips to protect your skin!
- Cleanse your face – The combination of makeup and sweat is a recipe for clogged pores, which lead to acne. Eye makeup is fine, just make sure to remove any foundation, powder, or concealer on your face. Our Come Undone Face & Eye Daily Makeup Remover is a gentle way to clean skin, pre-gym.
- Change your clothes – Clothing and cloth headbands worn during your workout are full of bacteria and sweat, which is sitting directly on your body and face. Shower and change into fresh clothes within 30 minutes post-workout.
- Don’t touch your face – Touching your face is always a no-no due to the oils and dirt on your hands. During a workout your pores open up so they are especially susceptible to this bacteria, think about how many people touched that same elliptical handle before you! Wash your hands immediately following the workout and if you must wipe your face, use a clean towel.
- Cleanse your face – Yes, we are repeating ourselves here, but washing your face post-workout is just as important as washing your face pre-workout. Our Don’t Miss a Spot Fresh Honey Cleansing Foam is a good way to rid your face of any sweat and bacteria it acquired during your workout.
- Hydrate – Sweating isn’t all bad, a great benefit is when you sweat you rid your skin of impurities it was holding on to. But, while the impurities leave, so does some of your skin’s natural moisture and oil which can lead to dryness. After showering and washing your face, make sure to finish off with a moisturizer to re-hydrate your skin. Our 24Seven Honey Day & Night Cream is revitalizing for the skin and can be used anytime, day or night.
Working out has many wonderful benefits on your body and mind, honey! Take a few minutes to make it beneficial for your skin too.