Hey Honey! Did you know your nighttime skincare routine is just as important as your morning skincare routine, if not more? Sure, it can be easy to neglect, it’s late, you’re tired, and no one sees you when you sleep. But remember, it’s called beauty sleep for a reason. Not only does your body need this time to replenish, but so does your skin. Here are a few bedtime tips to help your skin get the rest it needs, and wake up looking fresh every morning.
- Wash your face – Removing makeup is key to healthy skin, this helps avoid the spread of bacteria that often leads to blemishes. Even if you don’t wear makeup that day, wash your face! Image how many times you touch your face throughout the day without realizing it, and how many harmful pollutants are in the air. Our Come Undone Face & Eye Daily Makeup Remover is our favorite way to wash away the day.
- Moisturize – When your face is left bare for an extended period of time, the moisture within evaporates causing you to wake up with dry and dull skin. Taking 10 seconds to put some moisturizer on your face before bed, will allow it to absorb into the skin all night long. Our 24Seven Honey Day & Night Cream is a great way to prevent dryness and is perfect for delicate skin that is showing signs of aging. As well as our Boost it Up Daily Moisturizing Cream which moisturizes, protects, and calms the skin.
- Use products with performance ingredients – Just like we use specific daytime serums and sunscreens to protect us from environmental factors. We need to use specific nighttime serums and creams as well. Our Good Night Royal Honey Gel-Facial Replenisher with Coenzyme Q10 increases the skin’s ability to retain moisture with honey extract and amino acids, giving step 2 an added boost!
- Change your pillowcase – Even if you wash your face before bed, bacteria and oil still exist on the skin, which then gets onto your pillowcase, ESPECIALLY, if you skip a night of cleansing. It is recommended to change your pillowcase nightly, but if you aren’t willing to increase your laundry load, weekly will suffice!
- Turn down the temperature – Science says sleeping in a cool room, between 60-68 degrees, allows your body to release more melatonin. This just so happens to be one of the bodies most powerful anti-aging hormones.
- Get enough sleep – Being well rested eliminates dark circles (eye cream can help too! Our Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid revitalizes the appearance of your entire eye contour to deliver a bright, rested look.) When you don’t get enough sleep, circulation is also affected, making you appear pale and tired. Not to mention lack of sleep can lead to stress, and we all know stress can lead to skin irritations like breakouts and eczema! If your skin does become irritated, our Relax Propolis & Honey Soothing Cream is a relaxing, soothing, non-oily cream designed to treat redness and irritated skin.
This may seem like a lot, but taking roughly ten minutes to love on your skin before bed can make all the difference. Don’t neglect your beauty sleep, honey!